Friday, July 16

Bruises


That was me collapsing after the first time I rode my bike completely by myself. That is not the same bike I have in my first post mind you. That is my Dad's bike, an old sting ray I think. It is a classic. I would love to take that one to school with me, but if it got stolen it would be my dad's childhood bike that was stolen, not just some new thing. It is amazing though. As I was riding, one guy stopped in his car just to remark on what a beautiful bike it is (and then laughed at how I was barely learning how to ride it).

So, I wanted to go over my injuries. The last post did not seem the place for it. First, and most painful, my ankle. I mentioned I sprained it, and that now because of workman's comp issues I was going to have to go to physical therapy three times a week for two weeks because the doctor wants a fatter paycheck. Well, I did not mention it to my Dad, just like I said I wouldn't. My ankle is definitely more beat up now. It is my right ankle, and I tended to constantly lean to my right when I was about to fall, so it took most of the weight when I would come close to tipping over. And one time I also took a nasty fall on it which also managed too...

Rip up my jeans, and parts of my calf. Not a big deal, I was more worried about the bike really because it seems there is some metal thing poking out of where a chain guard would be. It caught on to my pants and got me to fall. Now I know not to wear jeans!

Other than that, I am mostly just amazingly sore, and I have a bunch of little blisters on my palms. Completely worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment